Dear exchange friends,
your arrival is approaching and we can't wait to welcome you all in Prague! First things first: After your arrival, you need to register at your faculty in order to attend Charles University. These registrations are obligatory. Each faculty has its own registration day and time so pay attention to the emails sent to you by the coordinators of your faculties and always make sure to double-check your own faculty's schedule. The registrations are organised by the university workers (faculty coordinators) from the international offices of individual faculties.
- Faculty of Arts – registration day: 22. 9., coordinator: Bc. Andrea Čapková firstname.lastname@example.org (ERASMUS+); Mgr. Šárka Vobořilová email@example.com (other agreements)
- Faculty of Social Sciences – registration day: 26. 9., coordinator: Mgr. Beáta Tomečková firstname.lastname@example.org (ERASMUS+; other agreements); Mgr. Barbora Pelantová email@example.com (full degree students)
- Faculty of Humanities – registration day: 19. 9., Orientation: 19. 9. – 22. 9., coordinator: Bc. Lenka Lukešová firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Education – registration day: 2. 10., coordinator: Mgr. Nikola Poulová email@example.com
- Faculty of Science – registration day: 25. – 27. 9., coordinator: RNDr. Dagmar Chalupová, Ph.D. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Physical Education and Sport – registration day: 27. 9, coordinator: Ing. Dana Basařová email@example.com
- Faculty of Mathematics and Physics – registration day: 27. 9., coordinator: Mgr. Kristýna Kysilková, Ph.D. firstname.lastname@example.org
The faculties mentioned above are faculties that colaborate closely with IC CUNI. If you are from a different faculty and do not know when your registration day is, please check with your faculty coordinator.
The Orientation Week for the Winter Semester 17/18 will be held from 25. – 1. 10. 2017. The activities ("general programme" - see below) organised by IC CUNI are available for all incoming international students from all faculties of the Charles University.
IMPORTANT: The capacity for most activities is limited. If you want to secure your spot, sign up for the activities on time. Information about how to register for our activities will be published on our website and Facebook in due time. You will also receive a "Welcome Newsletter" with all the necessary information. If you have any additional questions, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Beside the obligatory registrations at the faculties, we organise social activities and cultural events in order to help the exchange students to meet new people and to get to know the city. These activities are completely optional and are organised by volunteering students of the Charles University. Check them out:
The Czech way
What is the Czech national pastime? How to address a teacher in an email? Is it true that local people essentially don’t like tourists? Why are people in the shops so rude? Should you shake hands, hug or kiss when you meet a Czech? We’ll try to answer some of the frequent doubts, shed light on other aspects of life in the Czech Republic and answer your questions during an open lecture focused on cultural differences, specific Czech ways of doing things and cultural acclimatization.
An orientation game around the city center with a few tasks which need to be completed (free hugs, learn how to dance “mazurka” and much more!). Come, get to know new people and have fun while discovering the beautiful city of Prague!
Czech cuisine has so much to offer! You can enjoy huge portions of duck, goulash or svíčková and if you are a vegeterian simply order a “smažák” (fried cheese). During the Czech lunch you will have a great opportunity to try one of the traditional Czech dishes in a nice restaurant in the city center. Additionally, you will have a chance to ask for food tips from the real Czech foodies!
This tour covers basic Prague sights and it is led by students who have been living in Prague for a while and know it really well. You will have a chance to learn fun facts about Prague Castle, Charles Bridge, Old Town Square and many other places and surely there will be time for a beer as well :)
Czech Film Club
Every week we organize screenings of the most famous and important Czech movies with English subtitles. No matter what kind of movies you prefer, there is a great variety of genres and we are sure you will see some you'd like. Come and enjoy excellent Czech movies with us.
Great bar, great music, great event! Every Orientation Week we organize a welcome party for hundreds of incoming and local students and it always rocks! Make sure not to miss it!
In the course of the orientation week we organize a few day trips that you can sign up for. During the semester then, you can join us on more trips and discover the beauty of Czech national parks and cities.